The Certified Chaplain provides timely and sensitive spiritual care to patients, families, associates, and physicians via individual and group interactions. The Certified Chaplain systematically and intentionally gathers data to provide ongoing spiritual assessment of patients or families and develops, implements, and documents spiritual plans of care; participates as a member of interdisciplinary teams, identifying patient/family needs and developing specialized spiritual care services for specific areas of assignment.
· Master's Degree in Theology or Divinit
· Minimum of CPE internship and residency (Chaplain I)
· Minimum of three years of experience or board certification in Spiritual Care (Chaplain II)
· Minimum of seven years of experience in Spiritual Care (Chaplain III)
Must have completed 4 Units of CPE
· Board Certified (Certification must be from an approved professional organization - the National Associate of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC) and Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
· Endorsement by denomination for faith group
E. If not Certified, must pursue and receive certification within two years of hire
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.